Sunday 22 January 2012

Rigatoni in tomato sauce with goats cheese

After the fun of the seaside we were faced with the long drive home from Bristol to Leeds.  But before we set off we had time for one last meal.  Being Sunday and being good traditionalists, we were off for a pub lunch with Mr S and his family.  We also met up with Z's brother, it would have been rude not to.  A table had been booked at The Golden Heart in Winterbourne and it was a good job we'd booked too.  I've never seen so many people turned away from a pub!

The biggest problem with this particular Sunday lunch was the amount of food that we had tucked away during the weekend, curry on Friday and fish and chips on Saturday.  I was replete.  My desire to stuff my face with fantastic food had waned.  Before we'd even set off for the pub I was dreaming of a nice light salad.  It was a shame really as I could have easily eaten everything off the menu.


What I chose in the end was rigatoni pasta with marinated artichokes, sun-dried tomato and olive sauce with baby basil topped with a slice of grilled goats cheese.  It wasn't as light as I had hoped but it was definitely the lightest meal that any of us ordered (apart from the children's meals).

I'm not known for having a sweet tooth so I skipped desert while my fellow dinners found extra capacity*.  I'm glad I did as even the pasta at lunch was enough to see me through the rest of the day.

*Lord knows from where.

No comments:

Post a Comment