Wednesday 4 January 2012

Spaghetti with Crab and Cherry Tomatoes

After two weeks of feasting on rich hearty fare, I need a break.  Not from cooking but from the tyranny of stuffing, spuds and sprouts.  I need to shake off the shackles of red meat and gravy.  Not for me the three course meal followed with a completely unnecessary* cheeseboard.

What I crave right now are the light, summery dishes, that will hopefully help me get back into my November clothes.  Before you ask, no, I'm not on a diet.  This isn't a health kick.  Think of it more as a thinning of my gravy-stream.


Spaghetti with crab and cherry tomatoes should do just that.  Crab has a big flavour so a little goes a long way.  Serve with a nice big hunk of bread and a glass of what ever you fancy**

*no cheeseboard is completely unnecessary but after a marathon meal there is no need.  Skip the pudding and go for the cheese I say.
**see told you it wasn't a diet.

No comments:

Post a Comment