Sunday 5 February 2012

Roast Pork

SNOW DAY! Now that I've got that off my chest I can return to the important task of cooking and feeding the family.  I'll admit to being one of the few people in the country who was willing the snow to fall.  If my wishes, crossed fingers and promises to live a better life did contribute to the snow and you were somehow inconvenienced, then I am sorry. 

I'm not sorry, I lied.  I am sorry about that.  I have had such a fun day in the snow that an extra hour to your journey means nothing to me.  We have built snowmen, smashed them to the ground and started again.  I've used a sledge for the first time in years, and got "air" going over an aptly named speed bump.


Back home, in the warm, the Sunday roast is pork shoulder from Swillington Farm.  It's a bit later than anticipated but we were having so much fun outdoors it was worth the delay.  The trimmings for the meal were spring greens, boiled new potatoes and roast parsnips with dill seeds.


As we are eating early* we have also decided to have pudding.  One of our spoils from Cornucopia yesterday was a bunch of Yorkshire rhubarb.  It is in such good nick that we decided not to mess about with it.  Simply roasted in honey from Swillington and served with creme fraiche. Delicious.

*for us.

No comments:

Post a Comment