Wednesday 8 February 2012

Tray baked Italian Pork Loin Steaks

Tonight's menu is based around the pork loin steaks that I removed from the freezer this morning.  When I left the house that was as much as I knew.  By the time I returned home from work, I still didn't know what we were going to eat.

I'd assumed that we would be having the pork grilled, with boiled potatoes and some kind of simple steamed vegetables.  I was dreading writing about that meal.  Then while giving R his bath we started discussing rubbing spices on the pork.  Having had curry last night we didn't fancy an Indian twist.  Nor were we excited by Moorish influences.


The decision boiled down to the potatoes that we both realised needed using.  Roasting the spuds and loin steaks with basil and oregano gave an Italian edge to the meal.  Cooking shredded cabbage with garlic and chilli flakes completed a meal even mama would love.

No comments:

Post a Comment