Monday 2 April 2012

Chorizo and Bean Stew

Until an hour ago I had no idea what I was going to write about this evening.  We still haven't managed to re-furnish our kitchen so the traditional big shop hasn't happened and we are surviving on reserves from the second* freezer.  While looking for something to eat this evening I discovered a completely unmarked container and my interest was piqued.

When we got back home from work the mystery meal still hadn't defrosted.  We started to wonder whether we needed rice, pasta, potatoes or cous cous but in the end we didn't have any of them.  What eventually came out of the tupperware was a chorizo and bean stew.


I honestly cannot remember when we cooked the original stew.  What I do know is that it contained lots of chorizo, butter beans, haricot beans and black eye peas.  The sauce was tomato based but my palette isn't well tuned enough to tell you what herbs and spices were used.  In the end we had a side salad and plenty of bread to mop up the stew.  It was really good but I think I'll make sure I label the leftovers a bit better in future.

*yes, we have two freezers!

No comments:

Post a Comment