Friday 6 April 2012

Lemon Pepper Crusted Cod

The Easter weekend is upon us.  Two bank holidays and a four day weekend.  For most of today I have been thinking that it's Saturday.  I think it has something to do with the lie in and a shopping trip around Leeds Market.  We were shopping for fish because it's a tradition, or an old charter or something, to eat fish on Good Friday and who am I to stand in the way of tradition?

As is often the way, we didn't know exactly what we were looking for but that's part of the fun of shopping for fish on Leeds Market.  All of the fishmongers are good, so with an open mind you can simply pick what looks best on the day.  If you do go looking for a particular fish for a particular recipe you might miss out on a real stunner.

In the end we bought a nice piece of cod.  Cod is still one of the fish that we should eat less of due to stock numbers, but as I haven't eaten a morsel of cod since I started Tonight's Menu, I figure I can have my share tonight.


The cod was topped with bread crumbs which had lemon zest, parsley, plenty of black pepper and melted butter added to them.  It was then baked and served with boiled anya potatoes and steamed broccoli.

No comments:

Post a Comment