Friday 6 July 2012

Lamb Chops with Sautéed Potatoes

Tonight I'm home alone, well not actually alone as R is asleep upstairs.  Z, on the other hand, has gone to an engagement party in Leeds.  This has given me a fantastic and rare opportunity to cook and eat lamb.

When we first met, Z was vegetarian and I could just about make a cup-a-soup.   To say that things have changed is an understatement.  There has been an awful lot of water under many bridges in the last seventeen years, but one thing that hasn't changed is Z's dislike of lamb.  It is the only meat* that Z doesn't like.  The flavour and texture combine to put her off.  This is why, after over 200 posts, there has only been one other mention of lamb.


As I don't get to eat lamb that often I decided to keep it simple.  I fried the chops on both sides before letting them rest in the oven.  While they were resting, I sautéed some parboiled Anya potatoes in the pan that I had fried the lamb in, making sure that I lost none of the lamb's flavour.  I could eat this a couple of times a month and not get bored of it, so as a once in a blue moon treat, it was fantastic.

*apart from most offal items

No comments:

Post a Comment